Saturday, September 19, 2009

Boxers or Briefs

1. Monogamy, monotheism, monomania. The concentration of wide energies to make a passion, or the inflation of slight energies to resemble one?

2. Chronic skepticism, like chronic credulity, takes root in a lack of experience. Inquiry into everything–or nothing–shows a lack of sophistication, a shrinking from the amplitude of the partial.


3. If writing brings me face to face with the mediocrity of my mind and the frequent coldness of my heart, it also reminds me of the agility of my spirit and the robustness of my appetites.

4. The landscaper makes his living, as do I, from people's disinclination to turn their own soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2009, a blog by Mike Barnes, welcomes comments on current and past posts. Type your comment here.